Friday, September 11, 2009
It starts with our mind
It starts with our mind. Exactly what does that mean? For me it means that you are what you think. If you think you are in a dark, depressed, funky place then you will be. If you think that you are an overcomer, survivor and in a happy place then you will be. I've always heard the saying "It's mind over matter." I have experienced it. I have been through a lot in life and in the past few years I have really experienced things I never thought I would ever go through. Some things at the hands of others. For a while I let them control my life and let them control me. Not anymore. About 3 weeks ago I sat and really thought about what I was doing and how I was letting those bad people have that much control over me. I came to realize that I don't even want them in my life much less let them have any control. It was robbing me, my husband, my children, my grandchildren and my extended family and friends. I love life, myself, my family and friends too much to let anyone who does not matter in my life have any control. I have decided to have happy moments in my life. I want to enjoy and love life. I want to enjoy and love those I choose to have in my life. I have asked God to continue to take control of my life and fill it with happiness. I want to continue to serve others not just sit and let people feel like they do not matter. I love working with people and letting them know they do matter and they have a chance and choice to have a great life. Life can throw us many things and curves. It's how we choose to deal with them and the outlook we have on the situtation that matters. Look at life like you are the survivor and the overcomer. Put a smile on your face and your heart. You will in turn put a smile on someone else's face and heart. BE POSITIVE!!! LOVE LIFE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment